I'm posting a couple of days early this week because Thanksgiving is Thursday, so there is going to be some serious hustle and bustle around here in the upcoming days. But I definitely didn't want to skip this weeks post because we are talking about some super fun fashion this week (and who doesn't love that?)! Plus some of these items are on sale right, so I wanted to share these items timely.
I don't know about you all, but I am obsessed with all of the velvet pieces that seem to be the craze right now. The sweaters, cami's, booties, dresses, belts, chokers, pumps (and whatever else I missed) - I am loving all of it. Its perfect for the fall and winter seasons because it feels so soft and looks luxurious...which sounds just about perfect with all of the fast approaching Holiday parties.
Not only is this trend stunning to look at, but I am seeing this gorgeous velvet in all price points, colors, and styles, which makes this trend accessible to everyone. With that being said, I've decided to round up my top 10 favorite velvet dresses that I have found so far (believe me when I say it was super hard to cut this list off at only 10) - and the best thing is: they are $150 or less (at this moment anyway). For convenience, I've linked all of the dresses so you can shop easily if you'd like: just click on the group of underlined words and it will take you straight to the website.
1. This simple black sheath dress by 1. State. I love that it covers up everything in the front, but still has a pretty cut out in the back and shows some leg! Currently 40% off at $59.40!
2. This royal blue Bella off the shoulder dress is by Bardot is AH-MAZING. $119
3. I'm absolutely in love with this navy one shoulder dress from Vince Camuto. So simple and stunning. $128
4. This green off the shoulder sheath dress from Eliza J is another impressive piece, and only $118.
5. I so wish I had a formal event to go to so that I could wear this one shoulder gown from Adrianna Papell in navy. So beautiful (and currently 50% off at $109.49)!
6. How adorable is this mini wrap dress from Zara? It comes in this magnificent green or black and is just under $50.
7. This Besame Burgundy long sleeved maxi dress is another one that would be perfect for a formal affair. The back on this dress is so pretty. I linked this dress thru Lulu's but you can also find it at Nordstrom. $76
8. I really love the mesh detail on The Viven Velvet Body-Con Dress by French Connection - it comes in two colors and it's currently 40% off right this minute (only $106.80)!
9. This Midi Wrap dress by Glamorous is so perfect. And this Burgundy color is sooo pretty. $119
10. This Sheer Blouson Sleeve Sheath Dress by Lost Ink is actually not velvet - but there are ribbons on the sleeves that are - so that counts. Regardless - it's absolutely stunning. $78
Okay, so I am going to cut my list off there, but like I said before - it was super hard to do. As you can clearly see, there are so many amazing styles and colors at unbelievable prices (and they are selling out fast)! So now...I think some shopping is in order (sorry Luke).
I would love to know what you think about this trend, and what your go-to is for fall and winter events. Velvet? Glitter and Sequins? A certain color or style? I would love to hear your thoughts.
I hope that you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday filled with family and friends!